Today I am doing a fun collab with Starling! While I prepare a special series on what I learned from NaNoWriMo, I thought it would be nice to do a fun post with her to get you all inspired as to what you want for the holidays coming. 😉 Make sure to check out Starling’s blog; she’ll be posting her part of the collab there today!
Here’s how this works: Starling and I each chose 5 different things for each other to do a top 5 favorites on. We each separately filled them out, and then chose which one we wanted to show, based on how many books we used, how much we liked the section, and so forth. That way, you could get the one with the best variety and sThe one I chose is Top 5 Relatable Characters. 😉 (Make sure to stay until the end! I have some announcements you’ll want to see!)
Top 5 Relatable Characters
This one definitely became my favorite, and I had to post it. 😉
- Charlie from Wish. Charlie is relatable because she finds it so hard to be as amazing as her older sister, and I have six. 😂
- Lindy from The Short Seller. Lindy is relatable because she just wants to do well at the stock market and fix her mistakes. Not that I do the stock market; I just mean that at first, she’s really good at something, and then it brings her a lot of trouble.
- Morrigan from Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow. She’s trying so hard to fit in and figure herself out, but she really just has such a difficult time because she is different. It wasn’t her choice, but she is.
- Owen from Story Thieves. Owen is like the literal embodiment of what a reader would do if we could get into books. He freaks out, thinks everything is awesome and makes crazy plans.
- Melody from Out of My Mind. Melody loves words. She uses them all the time, but only in her mind. Inside of herself is an amazing person, but others just can’t see the same thing, and they judge her by the outside.
That was fun! On to announcements!
When I first began blogging, I posted every 2 weeks. Somehow, in October, it moved to every week.
I’m switching it back.
This is mostly because of time problems. I want to give you good, helpful posts. That takes time to write out and edit. And I spend my time doing lots of school work! And, as you know, I’m a writer! I spend time writing! If I’m going to still give you quality posts (in the new way that I’m planning) then I need enough time to write them out.
Did you enjoy that post?
Are you going to sign up to my email list?
4 thoughts on “Top 5 Favourite: Collab with Starling”
Great post Julia! Books are really a lot more enjoyable when you’re able to relate to the characters 😄
Thanks, Mary! Yes, I totally agree!
Oh my word, YES, Owen and Morrigan are so relatable! This was a great post!
And I totally get the time issues thing. I’ll look forward to every other Monday!
Yes, totally! 😃 Thanks!
I’m glad that you get it; I love your comments! 😄 You’re always so amazing!